FY19 National Days of Service
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) is the federal agency dedicated to improving lives, strengthening communities, and fostering civic engagement through AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, and general volunteering.
CNCS is pleased to announce a new grant competition currently underway for September 11th Day of Service and Remembrance and Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service.
- Application Deadline: June 19, 2019 at 5:00 PM ET
- Eligible Applicants: Nonprofit organizations, Native American and Indian tribes, schools, states, and local governments.
- Description: The National Day of Service grant competition includes funding for both September 11th Day of Service and Remembrance and Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service.
- The purpose of the September 11th National Day of Service and Remembrance grant funding is to mobilize more Americans to engage in service activities that meet vital community needs and honor the sacrifice of those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001, or who rose in service as a result of that tragedy.
- The purpose of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service grant funding is to mobilize more Americans to observe the Martin Luther King Jr. federal holiday as a day of service in communities, to encourage those who serve on this holiday to make a long-term commitment to community service, and to bring people together to focus on service to others.