Wednesday night December 19th in Brattleboro
2018 Telecommunications Plan Final Draft
Montpelier—The Department of Public Service is pleased to announce the release of the final draft of the 2018 Telecommunications Plan. The 2018 Plan addresses the major ongoing developments in the telecommunications industry, including broadband and cellular infrastructure developments and regulatory policy.
“The plan sets forth a clear strategy for continuing to improve broadband access and quality in Vermont,” said Public Service Commissioner June Tierney. The Plan includes an overview of the state’s existing telecommunications infrastructure and strategies for increasing the availability of broadband and wireless voice services. Commissioner Tierney noted that the Plan describes the state of the industry, the challenges facing Vermont, and offers concrete recommendations for addressing them. “Access to high-quality, affordable telecommunications service is essential. While many Vermonters have several broadband and wireless voice options from which to choose, the Plan proposes steps to help the many Vermonters who still lack such choices.” she said.
The Department will hold public hearings on the draft plan prior to adopting the plan. The hearings will be held in Burlington, Montpelier, Brattleboro, Rutland, and St. Johnsbury. Dates and locations of the public hearings are forthcoming and will be announced in publications of record around the state. The 2018 Draft Plan is available here. Copies of the draft plan and information about the comment period may be obtained from the Department of Public Service by calling (802) 828-2811, via email to email@example.com, or by writing to the Department of Public Service, 112 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05620.
2018 Upcoming Public Hearings for the Final Draft of the Telecommunications Plan
The Department of Public Service will hold public meetings to solicit feedback from Vermonters regarding the Final Draft Telecommunications Plan, pursuant to 30 V.S.A. § 202d(d). The meetings will be held as follows:
- Tuesday December 11th, at 6 p.m. at the Pavilion Auditorium at 109 State Street in Montpelier, VT
- Wednesday December 12th, at 6 p.m. at the Catamount Arts Center in the Cabaret Room at 115 Eastern Avenue in St. Johnsbury, VT
- Monday December 17th, at 6 p.m. at the Rutland Free Library in the Fox Room at 10 Court Street in Rutland, VT
- Wednesday December 19th, at 6 p.m. at the Brooks Memorial Library at 224 Main Street in Brattleboro, VT
- Thursday December 20th, at 2 p.m. at the John J Zampieri State Office Building at 108 Cherry Street in Burlington, VT