For those monitoring the Marijuana Legalization issue: Work is happening mostly in the Senate right now. Below is a white paper that the Commerce Committee has been asked to review regarding financial regulation we will need to consider prior to legalizing.
Senate Judiciary is hitting the road this coming week and taking public testimony. there are actually TWO hearings in Southern Vermont. If you are for or against legalization, this is an opportunity to testify without having to travel to Montpelier.
Public Hearings on Marijuana bills:
S.241 An act relating to personal possession and cultivation of cannabis and the regulation of commercial cannabis establishments
S.95 An act relating to regulation and taxation of marijuana
The Senate Committee of Judiciary will hold public hearings on the following dates:
Monday, January 18, 2016
- Bennington Fire Station, Bennington, VT 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
- Brattleboro High School, Brattleboro, VT 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Riverside Middle School Auditorium, Springfield, VT 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
- University of Vermont, Grand Maple Ballroom 4th Floor of the Davis Center 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
- St. Johnsbury Academy, Stuart (Black Box) Theatre, St. Johnsbury, VT 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Members of the public interested in testifying regarding the above bills may sign up 30 minutes prior to the hearing. The amount of people that sign up to testify will determine the amount of time each person will have to testify. Due to our time frame, please note everyone may not be able to testify. Also please note these hearings are weather dependent.
Contact: Penny Carpenter Phone: 802-882-2278 Fax: 802-882-2424 E-mail: email@example.com